A Traditional English Football Club

A Traditional English Football Club

Millwall FC-- A Traditional English Football Club

1885-131st Anniversary Year-2016 *We Fear No Foe*

Friday 21 May 2010

Me in Cold Blow Lane 1993

Hello...I am known as Oz

A rare picture of me at a game (not to say that I never go) as who is going to take a picture of me, this pic was taken by my oldest son. This shot was taken in Cold Blow Lane, New Cross before the kick off against Bristol Rovers in 1993. This was the last league game to be played at the Den as it was to be pulled down, bulldozed and houses were to be built (sad). The old gates that I am leaning against are now at Millwall's training ground which is at Downham a few miles away.

A big crowd attended and it was a strange atmosphere, I have many pictures of that day and I have posted a few on this Blogger (2 pages) including pictures of the souvenir hunters on the pitch at the end of the game. The pictures capture the scene but of course they do not catch the sadness of leaving the old ground after 83 years.

The new ground is less than half a mile (ish) away in Zampa road.