A Traditional English Football Club

A Traditional English Football Club

Millwall FC-- A Traditional English Football Club

1885-131st Anniversary Year-2016 *We Fear No Foe*

Monday 29 March 2010

Ham Radio CQ CQ CQ

.
.
.



My indoor sport, chasing radio contacts




A valve communication transciever from the 60's, it could be purchased in kit form.



American built 200watt transciever Heathkit SB101. This valve(tube) rig still works well and has a superb sound. The brass morse key in the foreground can be used with this rig. Above is a QSL card which I had made, it was one of the few times that I could combine football and Ham Radio. A QSL card is a exchange for a contact and is collected by many Hams.






A fantastic hobby that embraces the world. I was first licenced in 1985 with a B class licence (G1RGL), and then licenced (G0VPH) in 1995 with a A class licence(morse code). In this present day and age there is no A or B type licence as the Morse code requirement is not required. The type of licence that is issued today on completion of training which includes practical as well as theory and a final exam is foundation, intermediate and advanced. The Radio Society of Great Britain (see link) represents the hobby in Britain. I have always had a problem with aerials as I live in a flat on the ground floor with a small back yard. I have experimented with various types and presently I use a half size G5RV(wire type aerial) which is in the inverted V configuration, with this arrangement and various aerials that I have built myself I have managed to communicate with people around the world.




Check out more stuff on my Ham Radio Blogspot "Communication Fever" the link is below.
 http://hamradio-g0vph.blogspot.com/